Native framework changelog
We regularly update our framework to support new features. If you have an older framework version but need to use a newer feature, your app will need to be rebuilt. You can check your apps framework in the ‘About this app’ section.
Current release: 6.0.0
Target SDK version: 15
Current release: 6.0.4
Target API level: 31
Supported versions (5.0.0+)
Version 6.0.4 (October 17, 2022)
- Android: Security updates.
Version 6.0.2 (Aug 5, 2022)
- Android: The target SDK has now been set to 31.
Version 6.0.0 (Jul 20, 2022)
- All platforms: Support for the upcoming localization feature.
Version 5.3.2 (Jul 7, 2022)
- iOS: Bugfix for the share dialog not working as expected when being used by the Communicate JS API.
Version 5.3.0 (Apr 22, 2022)
- iOS: Support for iOS 15.
Version 5.2.0 (Oct 19, 2021)
- Android: Bugfix for apps built with the SDK30 not properly dismissing the virtual keyboard.
Version 5.1.0 (Sep 20, 2021)
- Android: Support for SDK 30 and bugfixes for the camera not working as expected on Android 12.
Version 5.0.0 (Aug 3, 2021)
- Android: Support for App Bundle files on Google Play and initial beta support for SDK 30.
Please note that these versions have limited support for newer Fliplet features. We encourage you to submit a new native update to your apps via the App Store or Google Play if you have users still running these versions of your app.
Version 4.6.0 (June 17, 2021)
- Android: Security improvements.
Version 4.5.3 (June 15, 2021)
- Android: Security improvements for unzipping files.
Version 4.5.2 (April 16, 2021)
- All platforms: Improvements for marking in-app notifications as read when push notifications are received.
Version 4.5.1 (March 18, 2021)
- All platforms: Improvements for push notifications and displaying notification badges on the home screen.
Version 4.5.0 (March 4, 2021)
- All platforms: Support for reading push notification settings via the JS API.
Version 4.4.0 (December 14, 2020)
- All platforms: Improvements to access new JS APIs for Notifications and open the app settings screen.
- Android: Support for Biometrics JS APIs (e.g. Fingerprint and Face Unlock).
Version 4.3.0 (December 14, 2020)
- iOS: Improvements for push notifications.
Version 4.2.4 (November 11, 2020)
- iOS: Improvements and bugfixes.
Version 4.2.3 (September 22, 2020)
- iOS: Fixes an issue that prevents status bar text from correctly adapting in Dark Mode.
Version 4.2.2 (September 17, 2020)
- iOS: Fixed an issue that caused clipboard warnings to be triggered when user revisits an app.
Version 4.2.1 (September 15, 2020)
- iOS: Added support for clearing the splash screen cache on app startup.
Version 4.2.0 (July 24, 2020)
- Android: Target SDK increased to 29 (Android 10) and disabled back-ups to improve security.
Version 4.1.4 (July 24, 2020)
- iOS: Fixed an issue that caused apps to crash when recording videos
Version 4.1.3 (March 22, 2020)
- iOS: Improvements when playing audio files.
Version 4.1.2 (March 17, 2020)
- All platforms: Improved support for new link actions in push notifications.
- iOS: Dropped all usage of UIWebView following Apple’s deprecation notice.
- iOS: Target SDK increased to iOS13.
Version 4.1.0 (February 19, 2020)
- iOS: Dropped UIWebView support following Apple’s deprecation notice.
- iOS: Updated InAppBrowser Cordova plugin to its latest version.
Version 4.0.2 (November 19, 2019)
- iOS: Improvements for Firebase Analytics reporting.
- All platforms: Removed support for Google Analytics following its deprecation.
Version 4.0.1 (October 15, 2019)
- iOS: Fixes for push notifications on iOS13 devices.
Version 4.0.0 (October 8, 2019)
- All platforms: Support for Firebase Analytics.
Version 3.9.9 (Aug 28, 2019)
- iOS: Support for iOS13.
Version 3.9.8 (Jul 19, 2019)
- iOS: Improvements when playing remote audio files.
Version 3.9.7 (June 3, 2019)
- iOS: Improvements when playing audio files using
Version 3.9.6 (April 30, 2019)
- iOS: Bugfixes for issues reported when playing audio files.
Version 3.9.5 (April 25, 2019)
- iOS: Stability improvements during boot time and when performing in-app updates.
Version 3.9.4 (April 16, 2019)
- Android: Support for Google Analytics data reporting on all versions of Android.
Version 3.9.3 (April 11, 2019)
- All platforms: Stability improvements during the download of in-app updates.
Version 3.9.2 (January 25, 2019)
- All platforms: Support for push notifications deep linking.
- All platforms: Fixes an issue where apps don’t check for updates until up to 30 seconds after app launch.
- iOS: Fixes an issue on iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max running iOS 12 where the screen content is sometimes shifted after dismissing the keyboard.
Version 3.9.1 (December 10, 2018)
- All platforms: Fixed an issue which caused some apps to crash when applying app updates under certain conditions.
Version 3.9.0 (October 3, 2018)
- All platforms: Barcode scanner plugin added.
Version 3.8.5 (August 29, 2018)
- All platforms: SQLite plugin removed.
Version 3.8.4 (May 31, 2018)
- All platforms: Insomnia cordova plugin added.
Version 3.8.3 (May 29, 2018)
- All platforms: Local notifications cordova plugin added.
Version 2.1.3 (May 1, 2018)
- All platforms: Social share cordova plugin added.
- Android: Fixes for camera not allowing the user to take pictures and causing the device to crash on certain devices.
Version 2.1.2 (Feb 19, 2018)
- All platforms: Bugfixes.
Version 2.1.1 (Feb 14, 2018)
- All platforms: Various updates to Cordova plugins.
- All platforms: Audio plugin added.
Version 2.1.0 (Dec 13, 2017)
- All platforms: Improvements and bugfixes.
- All platforms: Enhanced logging for debugging.
Version 2.0.1 (Jun 19, 2017)
- All platforms: Improvements and bugfixes.