Native framework changelog
We regularly update our framework to support new features. If you have an older framework version but need to use a newer feature, your app will need to be rebuilt. You can check your apps framework in the ‘About this app’ section.
Current release: 6.2.0
Target SDK version: 16
Current release: 6.3.2
Target API level: 33
Version 6.3.2 (September 13, 2023)
- Android: Change AlarmManager API to use inexact alarm functions to schedule local notification.
Version 6.3.1 (August 29, 2023)
- Android: Disables ad ID permission.
Version 6.3.0 (August 9, 2023)
- Android: The target SDK has now been set to 33 (Android 13).
Version 6.2.0 (April 14, 2023)
- iOS: Improved screen transitions for the launch screen on iPad.
Version 6.1.0 (March 28, 2023)
- iOS: The target SDK has now been set to iOS 16.
Version 6.0.4 (October 17, 2022)
- Android: Security updates.
Version 6.0.2 (Aug 5, 2022)
- Android: The target SDK has now been set to 31.
Version 6.0.0 (Jul 20, 2022)
- All platforms: Support for the upcoming localization feature.
Version 5.3.2 (Jul 7, 2022)
- iOS: Bugfix for the share dialog not working as expected when being used by the Communicate JS API.
Version 5.3.0 (Apr 22, 2022)
- iOS: Support for iOS 15.
Please note that these versions have limited support for newer Fliplet features. We encourage you to submit a new native update to your apps via the App Store or Google Play if you have users still running these versions of your app.
Version 5.2.0 (Oct 19, 2021)
- Android: Bugfix for apps built with the SDK30 not properly dismissing the virtual keyboard.
Version 5.1.0 (Sep 20, 2021)
- Android: Support for SDK 30 and bugfixes for the camera not working as expected on Android 12.
Version 5.0.0 (Aug 3, 2021)
- Android: Support for App Bundle files on Google Play and initial beta support for SDK 30.
Version 4.6.0 (June 17, 2021)
- Android: Security improvements.
Version 4.5.3 (June 15, 2021)
- Android: Security improvements for unzipping files.
Version 4.5.2 (April 16, 2021)
- All platforms: Improvements for marking in-app notifications as read when push notifications are received.
Version 4.5.1 (March 18, 2021)
- All platforms: Improvements for push notifications and displaying notification badges on the home screen.
Version 4.5.0 (March 4, 2021)
- All platforms: Support for reading push notification settings via the JS API.
Version 4.4.0 (December 14, 2020)
- All platforms: Improvements to access new JS APIs for Notifications and open the app settings screen.
- Android: Support for Biometrics JS APIs (e.g. Fingerprint and Face Unlock).
Version 4.3.0 (December 14, 2020)
- iOS: Improvements for push notifications.
Version 4.2.4 (November 11, 2020)
- iOS: Improvements and bugfixes.
Version 4.2.3 (September 22, 2020)
- iOS: Fixes an issue that prevents status bar text from correctly adapting in Dark Mode.
Version 4.2.2 (September 17, 2020)
- iOS: Fixed an issue that caused clipboard warnings to be triggered when user revisits an app.
Version 4.2.1 (September 15, 2020)
- iOS: Added support for clearing the splash screen cache on app startup.
Version 4.2.0 (July 24, 2020)
- Android: Target SDK increased to 29 (Android 10) and disabled back-ups to improve security.
Version 4.1.4 (July 24, 2020)
- iOS: Fixed an issue that caused apps to crash when recording videos
Version 4.1.3 (March 22, 2020)
- iOS: Improvements when playing audio files.
Version 4.1.2 (March 17, 2020)
- All platforms: Improved support for new link actions in push notifications.
- iOS: Dropped all usage of UIWebView following Apple’s deprecation notice.
- iOS: Target SDK increased to iOS13.
Version 4.1.0 (February 19, 2020)
- iOS: Dropped UIWebView support following Apple’s deprecation notice.
- iOS: Updated InAppBrowser Cordova plugin to its latest version.
Version 4.0.2 (November 19, 2019)
- iOS: Improvements for Firebase Analytics reporting.
- All platforms: Removed support for Google Analytics following its deprecation.
Version 4.0.1 (October 15, 2019)
- iOS: Fixes for push notifications on iOS13 devices.
Version 4.0.0 (October 8, 2019)
- All platforms: Support for Firebase Analytics.
Version 3.9.9 (Aug 28, 2019)
- iOS: Support for iOS13.
Version 3.9.8 (Jul 19, 2019)
- iOS: Improvements when playing remote audio files.
Version 3.9.7 (June 3, 2019)
- iOS: Improvements when playing audio files using
Version 3.9.6 (April 30, 2019)
- iOS: Bugfixes for issues reported when playing audio files.
Version 3.9.5 (April 25, 2019)
- iOS: Stability improvements during boot time and when performing in-app updates.
Version 3.9.4 (April 16, 2019)
- Android: Support for Google Analytics data reporting on all versions of Android.
Version 3.9.3 (April 11, 2019)
- All platforms: Stability improvements during the download of in-app updates.
Version 3.9.2 (January 25, 2019)
- All platforms: Support for push notifications deep linking.
- All platforms: Fixes an issue where apps don’t check for updates until up to 30 seconds after app launch.
- iOS: Fixes an issue on iPhone X/XS/XR/XS Max running iOS 12 where the screen content is sometimes shifted after dismissing the keyboard.
Version 3.9.1 (December 10, 2018)
- All platforms: Fixed an issue which caused some apps to crash when applying app updates under certain conditions.
Version 3.9.0 (October 3, 2018)
- All platforms: Barcode scanner plugin added.
Version 3.8.5 (August 29, 2018)
- All platforms: SQLite plugin removed.
Version 3.8.4 (May 31, 2018)
- All platforms: Insomnia cordova plugin added.
Version 3.8.3 (May 29, 2018)
- All platforms: Local notifications cordova plugin added.
Version 2.1.3 (May 1, 2018)
- All platforms: Social share cordova plugin added.
- Android: Fixes for camera not allowing the user to take pictures and causing the device to crash on certain devices.
Version 2.1.2 (Feb 19, 2018)
- All platforms: Bugfixes.
Version 2.1.1 (Feb 14, 2018)
- All platforms: Various updates to Cordova plugins.
- All platforms: Audio plugin added.
Version 2.1.0 (Dec 13, 2017)
- All platforms: Improvements and bugfixes.
- All platforms: Enhanced logging for debugging.
Version 2.0.1 (Jun 19, 2017)
- All platforms: Improvements and bugfixes.